The LCMNU Student Leadership Board meets regularly to plan worship programming, service, fellowship, and other events. To learn more about the Student Leadership Board, please review: LCMNU Leadership Positions 2017-2018 and the LCMNU Student Constitution or talk with Pastor Deanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming leadership meetings (any student is welcome to attend these meetings): Jan 29
- The Lutheran Center is open for studying or hanging out Mondays – Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. (during fall, spring, and winter quarters). Wi-Fi and coffee are available.
- Check out LCMNU’s Facebook page for current fellowship events! https://www.facebook.com/NUlutheran
If you are interested in planning or assisting with service opportunities, please contact Nandi Siluma at email@example.com
- Tutoring Children and Youth on Chicago’s North Side
Mondays: We leave The Center by 6:00 p.m. and return at 8:30 p.m.
Edgewater Tutoring Calendar 2019-2020
- Hilda’s Place – Feb 20, Apr 16, May 21
LCMNU students cook and serve a meal to the residents at Hilda’s Place at Lake Street Church in Evanston. Hilda’s Place is operated by Connections for the Homeless and provides transitional housing for the homeless. We leave the Lutheran Center at 6 pm, serve at 7 pm, and return by 8:30 pm. If you would like to help cook, you may need to come earlier.
- Purple Pantry
LCMNU supports NU’s Purple Pantry, helping to provide groceries to NU students who experience hunger due to financial constraints. If you would like to volunteer to help staff the pantry, click here.
Education & Dialogue
21theo is held weekly 7 – 8 pm on Wednesdays.
This program is designed for anyone interested in informally discussing scripture, theology, and religion in relation to modern culture, regardless of beliefs or background. Each week we’ll have a different topic for debate and dialogue. If you’re interested in these sorts of conversations, we’d love to have you!
If you have any questions about “21theo,” please contact our Student Ministers, Daniel Hickox-Young at Danielhickoxfirstname.lastname@example.org or Bradley Fielding at
Peace and Justice
If you are interested in exploring and living out our baptismal call to work for peace and justice, please contact Peace and Justice Leader Hannah Oelschlager at email@example.com
- “Bridges to Home” An initiative of local Lutheran congregations and community partners who are working together to address young adult homelessness in Evanston and to create affordable housing options for young adults. For further information, please contact Pastor Deanna at deanna.langle@u.
- Interfaith Action of Evanston
LCMNU supports the work and ministry of Interfaith Action of Evanston. For more information, please see their website: www.